Exquis & iPhone/iPad

[Version française plus bas]

Just like most MIDI controllers, the Exquis controller works on iOS/iPadOS. You will need an adapter (at least Lightning to USB, better with another plug for power and a minijack plug for headphones/speakers)

Without a power supply, the iPhone/iPad can power Exquis with a relatively low key luminosity. If the keys twinkle, lower this setting or use a power supply.

Finally, just make sure to set the right MIDI parameters of both the app you are using and the Exquis keyboard: you can refer to the PDF user guide to learn more.

/

Tout comme la plupart des contrôleurs MIDI, le contrôleur Exquis fonctionne sur iOS/iPadOS. Vous aurez besoin d’un adaptateur (au moins Lightning vers USB, mieux avec une autre prise pour l’alimentation et une prise minijack pour les écouteurs/haut-parleurs).

Sans alimentation, l’iPhone/iPad peut alimenter Exquis avec une luminosité de touche relativement faible. Si les touches scintillent, réduisez ce paramètre ou utilisez une alimentation.

Enfin, assurez-vous simplement de définir les bons paramètres MIDI de l’application que vous utilisez et du clavier Exquis : vous pouvez vous référer au Guide utilisateur PDF pour en savoir plus.

hi there,
please supply the make and model of the usb adapter you are using.
i have the Apple Camera kit which does not work with my iPhone SE and the Exquis (but it works with every other MIDI device).
thanks.

That’s odd, what is not working with the Apple Camera kit exactly? Is the keyboard at least powered on?

Here is the kind of model we are using (we added the link on the word « adapter » in the original post as well)

https://www.amazon.com/Certified-Headp hone-Converter-Lightning-Connector/dp/B08THPSQ83/ref=sr_1_10?crid=1FZGTL1585EK1&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.YhGiuieIhCOQlNLdzOe-Y0WbggekYMxbDYsy5LDXLpEU58wh0BslHHPg5t6CDcLdPgY1OUgq6k6XT0W5tFrcknSB-T0j1yLxYz2CmSfQbHzkviosr4bJMUCDLrxxhqMtcgpmiBAnzZJnJH-hSCbKU8yJsTxwoeAz71tG_9-ZUxAqMCXsnjJAAHOyvoONBSnWq_DdOCsUQzSsaPmEDnSmZSmLZCxKF4rBNzIJ8914k2o.5vJkfoggQwW9eRSBf3QjojbDMBYDOqa2a9I0hcaCRFo&dib_tag=se&keywords=adapter+usb+lightning+minijack&qid=1718885951&sprefix=adapter+usb+lightning+minijac%2Caps%2C177&sr=8-10

I have no idea how or why but it now works… :heart_eyes:
Perhaps a cable fault, I have a few. Very happy now, thanks!